1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Printing

Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by BurtMeister3000, Feb 14, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Here was an attempted iphone 4 case I printed, but it printed a little too small after I fiddled with the design on tinkercad.

MrSpock and Kitsune like this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

So another print, after what seems like ages of getting repeated nozzle blockages, I managed to get it working once again after re uploading the firmware and then recalibrating. The fan kept going off for some reason in the other prints which causes the heat diffuser to warm up , so much so that the PLA actually melted inside the connector that connects the teflon tube to the print head.

Kitsune and MrSpock like this.
  3. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Any forums for your printer? Or any success in using search engines to see if others are having the same, or similar, problems, and what might be potential solutions?

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

I've sorted it. I find if I spend long enough time with anything, I can usually figure it out.

There are similar designs to the one I have (delta towers), but this one is Chinese, and yep, it came in a thousand pieces and I managed to assemble it from using my noggin and following the Chinese instructions.

MrSpock and FossilHead like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

I started printed a vac hanger today, but after about half an hour into the print, it came unstuck from the print bed. I think I will try roughing up the masking tape a little with some sand paper to see if I can get it to adhere a little better.

6. BurtMeister3000

Attention PE'ers!

Okay, so I have successfully designed and printed the vacuum hanger. I scaled it down a little, because I felt looking at the base it looked a little big, but thinking about it now there does need to be a little room for expansion once the device is on.

I tested this device out and even though it was a little tight, most importantly, we have vacuum seal! And possibly just as important, I tried to suspend a weight from the print to see if the loop could handle a fair amount of weight and it managed to hold a 20KG kettle bell for about 5 seconds before the string I used to attach it broke. The loop and device showed no real signs of strain and this was just a test to ensure it could handle it, although I don't think anyone would actually attempt to hang this much in the real world.

Anyway, here's the vids...

Kitsune and FossilHead like this.
  7. BurtMeister3000

8. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Maaaann! That is too cool
    Good stuff, B !

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  9. BurtMeister3000

10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

That is such a fecking cool video it is unreal! 3D printer hanger! Wow, can't believe it. Videos of a weight attached to it?

BurtMeister3000 likes this.