Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by BurtMeister3000, Feb 14, 2016.
Thanks for sharing this thread and all this good info, B !
Thank you very much BurtMeister3000!
Okay, so I recently managed to break the hot end on my printer after over tightening a steel screw threaded delivery pipe that attaches from the inside of the heat diffuser to the nozzle. Fortunately I ordered another 3 of these, as I had some trouble with nozzle blockages recently and thought I could do with some spare. Unfortunately they are coming from China, but may be here as early as tomorrow (fingers crossed!).
I did manage to get one half of a device printed though, before I broke it. I have attempted this once before, but the print failed. So without further ado, one half of the Ghetto Pro....
Okay, so I set up my new hot end, recalibrated, debugged, levelled and started printing. Still had a little trouble with a minor blockage however, due to my fan switching itself off during the first half hour of printing. I still can't find a setting in the software to keep it on constantly, so this is something I will just have to keep an eye on for the time being.
This second half of the print of the Ghetto Pro, was a little rough. I'm not sure if its due to it not liking the new nozzle quite as much as the last? It was mostly due I believe to the print rising off the bed, but it functions as it should and that is what I care about most. It is a little annoying though, as I do like to get a nice finish on my projects/prints. Anyway here are the video's...
I will update at some point with some videos with my camera attached to the finish print, as soon as I find some decent straps to attach it to my chest.
So, I printed a bike tyre remover or my wife as she said she was thinking of buying one. I thought, I could print one in the same time it takes to get in the car and possibly save a few pennies too.
This print was annoying, as it wouldn't stick to the bed, even though I added a 20mm brim to the raft support and when it finally printed, it was welded to the print and took a hell of a lot of effort to separate. Also the finish was a little rough, so I recalibrated with my most recent print and added a few settings to the bed leveller to try and keep things accurate.
The final update is missing from this video, I do show the finished cleaned item in the next lot though.
Here I print a carabiner.
Separate names with a comma.