1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Printing

Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by BurtMeister3000, Feb 14, 2016.

1. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Thanks for sharing this thread and all this good info, B !

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  2. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Thank you very much BurtMeister3000!

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Welcome gents :thumbsup: (y)

MrSpock likes this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

Okay, so I recently managed to break the hot end on my printer after over tightening a steel screw threaded delivery pipe that attaches from the inside of the heat diffuser to the nozzle. Fortunately I ordered another 3 of these, as I had some trouble with nozzle blockages recently and thought I could do with some spare. Unfortunately they are coming from China, but may be here as early as tomorrow (fingers crossed!).

I did manage to get one half of a device printed though, before I broke it. I have attempted this once before, but the print failed. So without further ado, one half of the Ghetto Pro....

FossilHead and MrSpock like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

6. BurtMeister3000

7. BurtMeister3000

8. BurtMeister3000

Okay, so I set up my new hot end, recalibrated, debugged, levelled and started printing. Still had a little trouble with a minor blockage however, due to my fan switching itself off during the first half hour of printing. I still can't find a setting in the software to keep it on constantly, so this is something I will just have to keep an eye on for the time being.

This second half of the print of the Ghetto Pro, was a little rough. I'm not sure if its due to it not liking the new nozzle quite as much as the last? It was mostly due I believe to the print rising off the bed, but it functions as it should and that is what I care about most. It is a little annoying though, as I do like to get a nice finish on my projects/prints. Anyway here are the video's...

I will update at some point with some videos with my camera attached to the finish print, as soon as I find some decent straps to attach it to my chest.

9. BurtMeister3000

So, I printed a bike tyre remover or my wife as she said she was thinking of buying one. I thought, I could print one in the same time it takes to get in the car and possibly save a few pennies too.

This print was annoying, as it wouldn't stick to the bed, even though I added a 20mm brim to the raft support and when it finally printed, it was welded to the print and took a hell of a lot of effort to separate. Also the finish was a little rough, so I recalibrated with my most recent print and added a few settings to the bed leveller to try and keep things accurate.

The final update is missing from this video, I do show the finished cleaned item in the next lot though.

10. BurtMeister3000

Here I print a carabiner.