1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

A Test To Know Yourself Better

Discussion in 'Spiritual and Mental Well Being' started by Kitsune, Mar 13, 2016.

1. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

For real !
    And for me, add to that a total and complete lack of patience. I can't tell you the number of times that I have just stood up and walked away (usually to get out of doors!) from situations where I considered the conversation (and/or the people!) inane, boring, ignorant, etc.
    When I get to that point, whether sooner or later, I'm done. Doesn't matter if someone is in the middle of a sentence or a tall tale, I am gone! Perhaps with a "please excuse me" or not a word.
    And it doesn't matter if it is family or strangers, or just how badly my actions may piss them off.

(One thing that I have said about myself for many years is "I cannot abide ignorance" and I have long since learned that it is useless to argue/debate in most instances, so ....... see ya!)

Mebs likes this.
  2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Oh man,I had to double check that was your poat and not mine haha! So true on all of it. Some people call our attitudes rude,but I just call it a higher standard of association haha.

FossilHead likes this.
  3. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

That was a good test Kitsune, I got INFP-T, but in other tests I got ISTP. I'd say the INFP-T description was about 80% accurate relative to my personality. I know that my personality type is definitely a subset, 4% according to the site link you posted.

Regarding introversion/extroversion, I'm mostly introverted but have extroverted tendencies. Small talk is a balls. It seems like most people out there only ever make small talk. They never say anything real. Whole friendships and relationships are built on this. HOW?! With people these days, I tend to just let them talk, even if I'm not 100% interested. I would have been more abrupt when younger, that isn't the best way to deal with people on the long term. Social interactions can get boring, I know most people are either not interested in the things I'm into, or that an open conversation would make them uncomfortable. So I tend to say very little, except when I'm around certain people. There are people I will not talk to or engage for a variety of reasons, however, I tend to ghost those people rather than make a scene about it.

Does anyone else here struggle with the knowledge that you could totally destroy some difficult person with a handful of sentences, but that the fallout wouldn't be worth it, and you'd end up feeling bad or being made to feel bad, so you just shut up and let them continue to strut and cluck about for the sake of long term peace..

Kitsune, FossilHead and Mebs like this.
  4. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

Fossil you cracked me up , I've not reached your level yet :hearteyes:.

That makes sense, I tend to not have limitless frenetic energy and spontaneity, which are required for social events, but now I'm often (not always) ok with my intermittent presence, even though people may start assuming I'm bored etc... Being behind a screen and anonymous may actually help people talk about deeper stuff, just like having the time to articulate your thoughts well does.

Crovid,
    On those occasions humor can be a very nice way out (especially if there are other people around and it's not a one on one). I find that when I feel happy with what I did during the past few days , or just feel nice overall, I can keep a fair distance with these people and not be emotionnally involved, sometimes it's even amusing.
    Usually if I'm negative with someone it creeps back up on me later on, on the other hand biting the bullet and accumulating frustration and anger is not worth it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Corvid, Kitsune and FossilHead like this.
  5. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Yep, I get that way too. Half the time, I can find a relatable medium. Other times, I can tell the difference in personality is so stark, any attempt is just a show. I don't have much patience for fake, or game playing. I do love a good, thought provoking conversation though.

I can usually keep to myself in these moments, but a few times been pushed a bit too far.

True, and good points. I've never regretted speaking my mind when needed, only doing so too late, or not at all when I should have. Pros and cons, pros and cons. :D

Lifeapprentice, Corvid and FossilHead like this.
  6. lilbigman

lilbigman Well-Known Member

Entertainer ESFP-A Whatever that means. :unsure:

Mebs and Kitsune like this.
  7. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiver, and Assertive.

Entertainer seems to fit well for that. Confident, outgoing, forward, observant, yet thinks with the brain and feels with the heart in equal measure. The fun guy at the party that makes the rounds and talks to everyone.

Sound about right? :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    lilbigman and Mebs like this.
  8. lilbigman

lilbigman Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much. I guess it's fairly accurate. The way I see it, if this were a kingdom you INTJ guys would be kings and I would be.....ah.....Court Jester? Hmmmmmmm. Oh well I guess every kingdom needs one. :) Now where did I put those juggling balls and pies!? ;)

Kitsune and Mebs like this.
  9. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

And what a great court jester you would be haha :D

I also find the personality types very interesting for the types of jobs you would like or ones you would dislike. They were very very accurate! A lot of "work by yourself on complex tasks" for my personality type, which is exactly what I like doing.

10. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Okay I got INFP. This part seems very true for the most part..

"We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be
    At their best, these qualities enable INFPs to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous INFPs are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

INFP Colleagues
    INFPs feel most comfortable among colleagues – they aren't interested in controlling others, and have a similar distaste for being controlled"

AnonymousMediator

THE MEDIATOR
    [​IMG]
    Code: INFP-T
    Role: Diplomat
    Strategy: Constant Improvement

MIND
    This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
    27%
    EXTRAVERTED
    73%
    INTROVERTED
    Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general. Read more
    ENERGY
    This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
    81%
    INTUITIVE
    19%
    Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities. Read more
    NATURE
    This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
    34%
    THINKING
    66%
    FEELING
    Feeling individuals are sensitive and emotionally expressive. They are more empathic and less competitive than Thinking types, and focus on social harmony and cooperation. Read more
    TACTICS
    This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
    25%
    JUDGING
    75%
    PROSPECTING
    Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open. Read more
    IDENTITY
    This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
    26%
    ASSERTIVE
    74%
    TURBULENT
    Turbulent individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve. Read more

MrSpock and Kitsune like this.