1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animation

Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by BurtMeister3000, May 27, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Hey guys and girls, I have been looking into this recently and I have always liked drawing and being creative. If you have any skills in this area feel free to share.

I will attempt to upload my first ever attempt at animation shortly if I can figure out what file I can convert it into so I can upload it to the core.

Mebs likes this.
  2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

What animation software are you using etc? Perhaps you can talk us through how you did it too, I would be interested in starting this too but haven't a clue about how to go about it. I would also like to get into video editing, perhaps Paper Ghost can let us know how he makes his ones. They are done very professionally, so curious about what software he uses and how he learnt how to do it :)

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. BurtMeister3000

I use a free program I downloaded that is good for beginners called Pencil. I was just doodling yesterday, and it seems very good, unfortunately I do not yet have a drawing pad to do some detailed work and the mouse pointer feels a little trying to eat your dinner with a pitch fork, its sensitivity to motion is okay some of the time, then others grossly exaggerated or insufficient. I will be ordering one of those drawing pads in the near future, but for now I can get by with the mouse.

I meant to upload the little animation I did yesterday, but I was having trouble saving or exporting the file into a format that I could upload to the forum. I'm still tinkering with it at present, so bear with me.

MrSpock likes this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

Okay I think I finally managed to convert the file into a playable file due to a missing file extension (thank you Mr Spock!), so without further ado, here is my first ever ever animation attempt on a computer...

Corvid and MrSpock like this.
  5. Tow1994

Tow1994 Well-Known Member

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  6. BurtMeister3000

Hey thanks Tow! :thumbsup: (y)

Tow1994 likes this.
  7. Paper Ghost

Paper Ghost Member

For my animations in my video I use a video editing program called Sony Vegas, so all of my animations either come from little animation features I can use there, or just me cycling back and forth between pictures that I draw and create myself in Photoshop.

But I do have an extensive animation background, animating since I was 10 years old, I've used programs like Macromedia (Now Adobe) Flash, and 3d Animation programs like Autodesk Maya. I also have an extensive amount of experience with art, and I've even animated traditionally with paper and pencil, using a lightboard and pegs.

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  8. BurtMeister3000

Hey PG.

Thanks for the info. I did wonder about Photoshop, but I haven't really used it and thought it was more for editing existing photos. Might have to give that a try. I have just been using Pencil2D at present to get familiar with the process.

MrSpock likes this.