1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burtso's super sexy fitness log.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by BurtMeister3000, Apr 22, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Went boxing Sunday 20/6/16, had the best session in ages, but forgot to update my log.

Did 30 minutes skipping, which involved slower endurance plodding type pace with intermittent sprints for about 3-5 minutes and then returning to the plodding speed to recuperate. Was absolutely pouring with sweat and this really opened up my lungs, felt like I haven't been able to breath that deeply for years.

I also did probably 20 minutes on the floor to ceiling bag, 30 minutes on the heavy bag and 10 minutes shadow boxing. Did do some casual skipping to warm up, probably 10 minutes or so, but no real sprints like I did at the end of the bag work.

Went boxing today also, but probably did around half hour to 45 minutes, was feeling tired all day. Did probably 10- 15 minutes skipping, 10 minutes on the floor to ceiling and 20 minutes on the heavy bag. I felt like I could have struggled through as my hands felt like they were landing heavy, but didn't feel quite the same fluidity as last session. Will probably go tomorrow and get a better one in.

Party and MrSpock like this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

Quick training session today, but it felt great nonetheless.

Did around an 1 hour/1 hour 15 mins or so, but felt strong and had lots of spring in my step. Skipped for about 20 mins, 20 mins on floor to ceiling bag and 30 mins on the heavy bag. Did another skip after this as a bit of a last 10 minute blast. Felt great, like I could have continued for another hour, but I had to go pick up my boy.

Forgot to add to my previous session, I did around 30 mins on my speedball, which I had bought a new ball for as my last one broke. Good to get back on this after not training it for ages, really feel it in the backs of my shoulders and is good for getting the punch volume up to standard.

Hopefully get time to train tomorrow after work.

MrSpock and Party like this.
  3. Party

Party Well-Known Member

I bet punching that heavy bag can release a lot of frustrations? Mite have to get me one of those, last time I punched something , I ended up in the ER with a partial tear in my artery in my arm, glass doors are so unforgiving. Enjoyed the ambulance ride though.

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

Yeah, glass doors aren't so forgiving.

Whacking the bag sure does release some tension, it also gets you in shape. Fun too!

5. BurtMeister3000

Okay, time to brush the dust of this old log book and update her. Been too busy being a big fat lazy Burty to do any great deal of exercise.

So, today session was a very slow to start one. I felt like I had a tonne of crud on my chest and my legs weren't working properly, until about 30 minutes in. I did have a long session to try and clear out the cobwebs and I felt great and able to breath again afterwards. I did probably 1.5 hours, but because the first half hour was slow and with breaks, it was more like a warm up. Did probably 30/40 minutes skipping and the other 50 or so rotating between the heavy bag and floor to ceiling bags. Took a while to get into the bag work too, but once I did I felt pretty good. I still feel like I wasn't quite operating at my peak, but I suppose I need to build back up my stamina and strength. I feel like my body is a little more elastic after doing today's session, so I'm going to try and visit my bags a little more often.

6. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Congrats on the reboot! Yeah, once you get back into it, things will be back to normal. Keep up the good work!

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  7. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Congrats. I gotta dust off my weights. Got a ten poition universal machine with cobwebs in the basement. I've lost so much muscle, at least when I was 30 lbs heavier I could fake big arms. I used to bench 300 lbs. now its difficult taking out the garbage.

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  8. BurtMeister3000

Thanks gents!

Was going to go today, but it rained. A little annoyed as I was looking forward to it.

Party, I think you just have to start getting back into the swing of it and things like moving the garbage become easier again once your in shape. Good luck to ya!

9. Party

Party Well-Known Member

That's not the problem. Heart issues.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  10. BurtMeister3000

Have you thought about that engine 2 diet? I hear Bill Clinton no longer has cardio vascular disease thanks to this diet and Lance Armstrong did it when he had lung, brain and testicular cancer. It might help the ticker?