1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Burtso's super sexy fitness log.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by BurtMeister3000, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Never heard of it.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Here is a link to one of the challenge pages on their website. I will try this at some point, it is essentially a plant based diet cutting out animal protein. I still eat fish and chicken now and then as well as milk and cheese, but I fancy giving this a try and a week to a month is a reasonable/attainable goal to see some results. I think the key with this stuff is planning ahead. I think my biggest problem is sweet treats, but I do prefer fruit when I have it in the house.

http://engine2diet.com/7-seven-day-rescue/

MrSpock likes this.
  3. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Well i once lost a boat load of weight, stopped drinking beer, cut down to 600-800 calories a day. Salad, fat free dressing, everything else protein so my body didn't consume my own muscle. Half cup skim milk for breakfast, a couple slices of turkey breast for lunch, maybe salad and yogurt, fat free of course for dinner. Was it hard, hell yes. Working out as well, morning run and weight work in the afternoon, that's when I hit that 300 lb bench press. I had been pushing weights before I bought my universal multi station gym. So the Mrs and I are at the store and I bench the stack five times, no warm up, 200 lbs. so I ask the salesman if there was a way to add extra weight to the stack. I am slightly built so naturally he asked why, told him what I had done but he didn't believe it. So I did it again with him watching Lol.

4. BurtMeister3000

Hahaha, fair play! That is the only trouble with those multi gyms, once you reach the bottom of the stack you can't add any more. I always liked free weights personally, but I don't really use them so much now.

Master-gauge and MrSpock like this.
  5. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Ya I think free weights develop the whole muscle as you have control its movement in three directions as opposed to a machine that only works in a plane. The universal machine was only a supplement to my free weight work, but was less time consuming between excersises. I loved bicep and shoulder work, one of my favorite excersises was to lift a 25 lb plate with two hand from my waste to over my head. At my best my breast muscles were two squares next to eachother.

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  6. BurtMeister3000

Haven't updated for a while, but I have been doing bits when I can. Really struggling to find the time to get my sessions in at the minute with crazy work load.

Last session was Saturday and I felt like I had just lost cardio, felt strong and was leathering my heavy bag from all angles. Just need to start going running and get the spring back in my step and a little flexibility too. Did approximately an hour this day.

MrSpock, Master-gauge and Party like this.
  7. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

Chin up bar and 90 lb barbell right now is what is killin' me Burty.. The only Cardio I see me doing is the 2 x 400m runs similar to the Dan Bailey workout..

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  8. BurtMeister3000

Sprints are good. I do this with the speed rope. I aim to keep it going as a cardio exercise, but I do it with many sprints and slowing down into a trot as the rest period and speeding up again.

I got a chin up bar too, but don't do them very often. I notice when I start doing weights I feel like my shoulders are freezing up and it hinders my ability to throw punches I feel.

Master-gauge and MrSpock like this.
  9. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

Just not sure of your build Burty.. Mine is muscled for my height.. More sprinter then distance, so naturally I hate running over a 1 km at a time..

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  10. BurtMeister3000

I'm trim, athletic. Like sprinting more than distance I think, but I can do distance stuff, but takes a bit of a while before my body adapts.

MrSpock likes this.