1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Calisthenic Workouts

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Kitsune, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Thought we could start a discussion and get some info together regarding calisthenic exercises and routines.

I've always preferred home workouts, and often found a lack of space and patience for weights. At home, space is limited, so there's usually lots of changing things around (like plates and bars), minimally a bench of some sort, and room needed so you aren't knocking over tables or kicking the pet. :D

In my search for a good weight free alternative, with options (!), I came across a program called Convict Conditioning. It's based off body weight workouts developed in prison.

Six progressive exercises, that target the main areas and core, and get really intense. It's built to build strength, not size necessarily, though cut and build would be expected. And all packed into an easy enough routine to follow.

There's a brief list of the progressions below, as well as some infographics on their site.
    http://convict-conditioning.com/convict-conditioning-progressions/

[​IMG]

And here's some other helpful info regarding progressions;

ice_screenshot_20160419-194513.jpg ice_screenshot_20160419-194548.jpg ice_screenshot_20160419-194619.jpg noobs_textbox2.jpg noobs_textbox3.jpg

2. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Thanks, I was looking for a good source for calisthenics exercises a while ago and couldn't get one. Mebs mentioned you had some from an older post. Will go through them and pick out a few basics. :D

MrSpock, BurtMeister3000 and Kitsune like this.
  3. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Sure thing.
    I like it because it uses a lower intensity for the warm up, and then two higher sets for reps.
    I start with the main four, on a two every other day routine, and it works well. Quick, easy (enough :D), and you feel it after.

Don't let the simplicity fool you though. Start low, and work up. You may pay for a couple days after if you go too hard.

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

5. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Awesome!

May have a go at some of these.

Kitsune likes this.
  6. guy123

guy123 Guest

Do these work for a person with a bad back?

7. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I think they would if you start with the simple exercises. But if you have any back pain maybe stop doing the exercise.

MrSpock likes this.