1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Censorship of Non Approved Views

Discussion in 'Generally Speaking' started by BurtMeister3000, Dec 6, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

This is the second video I have came across that has suggested views that are not mainstream or approved of by the left are actively being censored on the most popular platforms, namely Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. This guy Bearing who has just had his channel removed is a bit brash, but with a subscriber base of 300,000+ advertisers are getting their moneys worth when people view his videos. Not only this, but the moral (or lack thereof) aspects are questionable. When is it okay to be okay with someone no longer being able to feed themselves because you don't like what they have to say?

MrSpock likes this.
  2. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Censorship is never okay, IMO. I get it that sometimes a line should be drawn. Like when there is something illegal or immoral going on. But, just for an opposite point of view, it is ridiculous.

The argument is that those sites are private property. And they are not obligated to protect freedom of speech. Its not a public space. As such, all people should see them. If the word is spread, and those social networks are known for what they really are, a megaphone for a certain line of thinking. Maybe then they will have less effect on the masses.
    Like tuning in to a cooking channel, you know you will be watching cooking shows only, also it will be apparent that not everyone in the world is all about cooking shows.

BurtMeister3000 and Master-gauge like this.
  3. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

It's what amazes me about the lefty's.. No one really on the right steps on their beliefs anymore, yet they are so psycho about someone just says "I don't share your views".. They will go out of their way to look for problems where there really are none.. I will say this "Liberalism" it really is a mental disease, those hard core ones really have something mentally wrong with them, and if they each had an hour long session with a shrink, it would reveal most likely several disorders in each one..

I'm seriously getting sick of FB and it's BS personally.. I'll use the hunting game as an example.. They were going to make "illegal" (on the site) to post images of game taken.. That was last year cause of that damn lion, I still see lots of game taken being posted.. It's obvious they are so pro left in their views.. I wonder if any of these yuppies realize that Mark Zuckerberg kills and eats his own food from time to time (he hunts and loves it)?? :rolleyes:

I don't like cooking shows myself, but I do like "DIY" or "Construction", "Science".. Just sayin'.. lol..

MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

I think this has caused a great deal of confusion, but I arrived at the conclusion that the left is not liberal. Liberalism is more the view of live and let live type philosophy. The left are authoritarian, in that they want to control what you say, how you behave and what your taxes are spent on whether you consent or not. I watch Ben Shapiro now and then and he does actively challenge them and says others should stop giving ground to them because of the way they threaten people - calling them racist, sexist etc. He is right leaning and I think many former liberals have moved to the right because they are pro free speech etc. Here is a video of Ben doing his thing....

MrSpock likes this.
  5. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

Fully agree with what u said there Burty!! But I will also go with Mental Disorder as well.. :rolleyes: Plus I like saying "Libtards" a lot, sorry but I do.. Same as Islam, imposing and enforcing your beliefs on another individual it's really morally wrong.. The world has a really bad reckoning coming for these groups in the future..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  6. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

It is very messed up. I hope I live to see the day.

BurtMeister3000 and Master-gauge like this.
  7. BurtMeister3000

I genuinely see civil wars coming to most western countries. The left does not respect the process of democracy and they are trying to overturn the majority vote. I think if they are successful, the country is broken and it is nothing more than a dictatorship. Then we will see violence and I'm thinking its exactly what the left want.

MrSpock likes this.
  8. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

True. A dictatorship is a dictatorship is a dictatorship. They are acting exactly the opposite of their alleged goal, liberty and freedom.
    Someone lost their way. I am sure most of them have the best intentions though. Its easy to loose your way amidst all the drama the world is going through.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.