1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Conor McGregor

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Mebs, Feb 11, 2016.

1. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Cannot wait now!

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

SPOILER!!!!

Wow, I predicted both of those fights almost exactly. I put a bet on for Nate Diaz to win by knock-out as I thought he would get him locked in a ground and pound. I knew the first round would be a warm-up for Diaz and that he would take some serious hits that McGregor's previous opponents weren't able for. I am raging I didn't back Diaz for a submission, 6/1 he was. Crazy price for a world-class BJJ finisher. The McGregor hype was put in its place, finally haha :D

Miesha Tate, what a class act. I knew she was better than people were giving her credit for.

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Just watched the highlights, was very happy for Miesha Tate! She fought a smart fight, didn't try and rush Holly like Roidy Rhonda Rousey did. Class fight from both ladies, both are champions, but Miesha worked off to get that submission and earned it!

Fair play to Diaz too! I think Conor's summary was pretty accurate post fight, he said "Diaz managed his energy better", which it looked like he was more relaxed. Diaz took a great shot first round, but McGregor also said he felt like his punches fell short of their mark, suggesting the reach being a factor. I'm kinda surprised though, Conor is known for having a tough chin and Diaz not having very heavy hands, but he hurt McGregor with that shot and he wasn't quite the same after it.

FossilHead and Mebs like this.
  5. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

His punches didn't make the impact they usually would. Diaz is a rock. He came to fight! McGregor needs to know his place now. I think its better for him to lose here than face Robbie Lawler who would nearly end his career with a beating.

Tate deserved it. Very intelligent and patient fighter. Its funny how UFC works and different styles. Holm destroys Rousey,whereas couldn't get the better of Tate who Rousey clobbered.

6. BurtMeister3000

Yep, its the same in boxing. Styles make fights and the logic of someone like Rousey beating Tate, didn't translate into Holm beating her because she beat Rousey.

Mebs likes this.
  7. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yup, and same with McGregor. I think McGregor and Dos Sanjos would be closer than the fight last night, whereas I think Dos Sanjos would take Nate Diaz, and has! It is just odd the way it all works out. I think people were delusional, and McGregor himself, to think he could go up in weight divisions like that. It was the first time he was properly challenged and it was shown that when he is put into a battle it may not come out in his favour.

8. BurtMeister3000

I don't think it helped he got all excited by the fight, he looked like he was trying a little too hard to impress people with his power. If he'd have hung back and picked his punches a little more like he did with Aldo, it might have been a different story. Or it might have been the same story, but several rounds later?

9. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

He was buying into his own hype. With his bullshit predictions, he was trying to finish him in the first round, which to his absolute stupidity, backfired on him. Trying to finish Nate Diaz in round 1 is a fighter's first mistake imo.

Aldo is a little asshole. See his comments after the fight? I hope McGregor goes down and whoops his ass in UFC 200. I hate bad sportsmanship, Rousey, Aldo etc etc

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  10. BurtMeister3000

I haven't seen Aldo say much of anything, I have only seen some of his fights.