1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Conor McGregor

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Mebs, Feb 11, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Maybe he was doing the boxers trick of retiring and then coming back out of retirement? But then, I think most boxers who draw that kind of interest have usually very good careers. Who knows, it seems a bit weird.

lilbigman likes this.
  2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeah, update is that he wasn't happy with all the press conferences etc and wanted to concentrate on the fight instead. Dana White bitch-slapped him back into place by removing him from the card with Nate Diaz. McGregor thinks he is bigger than the UFC now, which is impossible. Without the UFC, he would be nowhere. Without the UFC now and in the future, he doesn't have a place to fight. All of the other MMA companies are shit, let's face it. He would have to retire and do stupid Budweiser ads for the rest of his life or however long people were willing to listen to his absolute shite-talk for when he isn't even fighting any more. Or he could take the has-been route and become a trainer to other fighters. It is April now, the fight is a long fucking time away, all of this training partners and exact gym equipment and set-up are ready for him whenever he goes for the press conferences. He doesn't have an excuse imo, just trying to flex his muscle.

BurtMeister3000 and lilbigman like this.
  3. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I think he needs to get back to basics. Its important to have confidence, but when you get so egotistical people will pay to watch you lose and you won't have any friends when you do, which in the fight game is likely to happen at some point.

Mebs likes this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeah completely! I knew he was going to lose to Nate Diaz,he was doing patacake with some soap dodger in a park for his training before it. Totally stupid routines. While Nate was boxing and doing jiu jitsu with some of the top guys in the game.

Conor McGregor is the definition of hubris. I think losing to Diaz was the best thing that could happen to him. He will train now instead of thinking he doesn't have to.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.