1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Daily Observations

Discussion in 'It's All Fun and Games' started by Mebs, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Just decided to create a fun thread to take into account some weird, wacky, funny, interesting, or odd observations that we encounter in our day-to-day lives. It could be something you witnessed when walking down the street, a funny thought that came to you when at the gym, or something while you were driving :) It is a fun thread so keep it light! We have other threads for heavy stuff ;)

The Power of the Complimentary Photo:
    So, to begin with... I am currently working as an exam invigilator (i.e. I have to take up exams, walk around, and make sure nobody is cheating), and all of the students have to put their student i.d.s with their pictures on their desks. So I noticed something very interesting while walking around for the past two weeks and looking at these i.d.s... something peculiar indeed. A lot of the pictures looked nothing like the students at the desks. Over and over this happened. I'd say at least 50% of the students looked nothing like their i.d. pictures! I don't really know about the other 50% as I wasn't looking at the guys' i.d.s :cheese:

2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

You know you are on campus when you have to look through eight toilet cubicles to see which toilet seat has the least piss on it.... :oops:

3. PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes Active Member

This happend a month or so a go.

I was going for my night shift and was taking a bus like usual. Decided to read notes from book on my phone.

I open the notes on my phone start to read them in my head. Thinking in my head I hope I can read them without distractions for atleast little bit.

Then all of a sudden at the next bus stop two guys walk inside the bus ... two gypsy guys and one of them had a guitar.

You might guess what happends next.... he begins to play it while the other guy starts to sing.

My reaction is first to try to read the notes then my reaction after 5-10 seconds of trying is... fuck this and I plug in my earbuds while listening to my own music.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Haha so they were no good? You should partied with them :D

5. PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes Active Member

Would not call them skilled.

6. Cali Girl 510

Cali Girl 510 Well-Known Member

Try being a female! Lol!

Bobbon21 likes this.
  7. Cali Girl 510

Cali Girl 510 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Enjoy your life!

8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Another weird thing I noticed recently is that a lot of people,myself included,emulate others that they are around. I pick up on accents sometimes,if you are around people with strong accents you start heating glumpses of it in your own voice. It is such a strange unconscious thing. Anyone else experience this??

Kitsune, MrSpock and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  9. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

Ok weird one. Why is it that it's always the left sock that falls off if I fall asleep with my socks on?

Funny: listening to all the pretentious bollocks the parents tell each other in the playground after school. I'm The one with my headphones on or being chased by 20 kids around the playground

Kitsune, Mebs, MrSpock and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Haha, my socks never fall off really, although I have only recently started occasionally wearing socks going to bed. Do you not find that your feet get all sweaty with socks on at night?

I am curious about what pretentious bollocks they are talking?

BurtMeister3000 likes this.