1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Diet Pills

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Mebs, May 4, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Just curious if anyone has taken any ones before? If they found them good, or did they have negative reactions to them? Any weight loss as a result?

2. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I have tried several over the years, almost solely as a means of assisting during a "cutting" phase when I was bodybuilding.
    Tried many that were not worth a flip, but a couple come to mind that I believed worked reasonably well : Hydroxycut and Lipo 6

Granted, this was back before ephedra/ephedrine came to be the bad guy, and the U.S. banned ephedrine-containing supplements, so I have no idea if they would be as efficacious, now.

Regardless, the best fat-burning stack that I ever used, BY FAR, was the ECA stack.
    The original research that I read on it, back in the late '90s IIRC, was for a stack of 20mg Ephedrine, 200mg Caffeine, and 300mg Aspirin (ASA). Since I was unable to locate a 20mg ephedrine or a 300 mg ASA, I just used a 25mg epedrine HCl tab, 200mg No-Doz tab, and 325mg ASA tab three times per day.

The frigging fat just melted off! and I wish it were still an option for me, but the ephedrine ban killed that.
    I do agree that ephedrine was/is a dangerous thing for some folks, especially those who have heart problems and/or refuse to couple it's use with some basic common sense.......

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT suggesting that anyone take/use the above stack

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. seikatsu

seikatsu Active Member

As a doctor into digestive diseases and health, would strongly advise against diet pills. Ive seen liver failure secondary to these requiring a transplant and lifelong immunosuppressives. My only caveat would be if youve partnered with your doctor who would be happy to check your liver enzymes at least every 3-6 months, then id be more okay, but still be cautious knowing that some drug/herb effect are idiosyncratic rather than dose dependent

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I have heard that a few times that diet pills are extremely bad for your liver! Damn, a liver transplant, really?!?! Shit!

BurtMeister3000 likes this.