1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duck Duck Go See's Surge Amidst Censorship...

Discussion in 'Generally Speaking' started by BurtMeister3000, Sep 10, 2017.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Duck Duck Go seem to have a little more respect than Google and are seeing record searches since people are migrating over to them since Google likes to spy on everyone and censor the things they don't like....

Master-gauge and MrSpock like this.
  2. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Google is a living proof that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

They were not the evil empire they are now, back in the good old days, before they gained that much influence over how people interact with the internet. Serves them right, and I hope the IT industry is revamped, heavily, by more competition. These shallow and stale waters needs to be shaken up a bit.

Master-gauge and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  3. BurtMeister3000

Yep, it seems they are going to ruin their business with their ideological nonsense. What they are doing isn't the purpose of a business, but companies like Duck Duck Go or others who respect peoples right to privacy will gladly take the business they don't seem to want.

4. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

I might give it a try.. I'm so sick for Windows 10, Google, FaceBook.. U just know they are spying on u.. Every time the FB feed slows up I automatically think "oh yeah, logging key strokes again!!", lol... I feel things are on the rise against this type of bs... There seems to be a surge on all fronts and facets to regain privacy, etc.. There is just too much known about people out there!!

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  5. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

They have indeed been pissing off more and more people. Be it spying, censoring, or weirder and weirder rules.

Master-gauge and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  6. BurtMeister3000

Check out Brave browser MG. It's very similar to chrome, except it has anti tracking, malware blocking and fingerprint protection built in.

I'm pretty impressed with this one thus far! It allows you to select Duck Duck Go or whichever search engine once installed. Opera w is supposed to have a built in VPN, but I have only managed to get the VPN to connect twice out of about 50 tries.

Tor is probably the safest, but I can't seem to run streaming sites like Youtube on it.

P.S. I definitely think there is an assault on all fronts on free speech and privacy also.

7. Master-gauge

Using Duckduckgo.com and the Brave Browser right now guys.. So far I really like it.. I haven't figured out how or if it is possible to get the icons beside the names of the sites in the favorites.. But so far, they are simple, seem less invasive and I like them!!

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  8. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Have you tried visiting those sites? If you have visited them but the favicon still does not show then it is a bug, some users have reported the issue over the past two years.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  9. BurtMeister3000

Yeah, I don't know about that, I can't see icons on mine either. I just have a bunch of tabs below the main search bar and in my bookmarks.

MrSpock likes this.
  10. Master-gauge

I dropped using the Brave Browser.. Suspiciously not allowing me to logout on sites like PEGym.. Just keeps looping the cursor and resetting.. I obviously think something is up there.. But the Duckduckgo hasn't given concern yet...

BurtMeister3000 likes this.