1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Fears

Discussion in 'Generally Speaking' started by Mebs, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

What are some of your rational or irrational fears and if you know why you have these fears?

Personally,I hate water going up my nose/down my throat when swimming. I just cannot swim with my head underwater as a result. When I dive into water I have a panic attack and have to just cone up straight away.

2. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

I can't sit with my back to a door.. Like ever it's just not right and creepy as hell

3. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Not a fan of heights! I get weird dreams sometimes when I am falling asleep that I falling, and I wake up sharpish with a rapid heart beat!

Cali Girl 510 likes this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Really? I don't think I have heard of this one before. Do you know what the reason for it is? The fear of someone coming in and startling you?

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

To be fair, if I'm ever eating out, I prefer to sit with my back to a wall so I can see people coming. I think this is just an instinctive self protection thing.

Cali Girl 510 and Kitsune like this.
  6. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I think that is quite a common one actually, I have heard it from a few people. Supposedly falling in your dreams signifies that you are worried about loss of control about an aspect in your life... if you believe in dream interpretation and all that.

Did you ever see Buffalo Soldiers:

7. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Haha same, that is true. I like to have a gawk at who is coming into the restaurant! Supposedly another thing is that guys sleep on the side of the bed that is closest to the door in order to protect their partner - instinctual or something. Not sure if it is true or not.

8. BurtMeister3000

Nah, I sleep closest to the window, just in case I fart myself awake and need air!

Cali Girl 510, FossilHead and Mebs like this.
  9. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

You get that falling feeling as I push your blanket steeling camel ass out of bed

10. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

There's no one to protect me from intruders in my house, burty would sleep through a burglary without moving

But they would have to get through the carnage that is the hall and to get to the TV the poor bastard would have to get through the carnage of lego and assorted shite my 5yr old hasn't picked up before bedtime