1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Fears

Discussion in 'Generally Speaking' started by Mebs, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Haha, ah the old blanket stealing trick :D

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I visualised a kind of comedic event of burglars falling and tripping on lego until they are knocked out by one of Burty's infamous farts!

3. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

To prove the point I trod on a stray lego brick whilst trying not to wake every one up when I went to work at 3.15 am. The burning pain was like the death of seven dying suns
    But we have great anti burglary devices around the house
    Kitchen: the cat would shred anyone who woke her up
    Bathroom ; if I'm lucky burtmeister's arse
    Kids room: if you tried to walk across the carpet to the door you set off about a thousand plastic noisey toys from dinosaurs to transformers( sounds like ww3)
    My bedroom: I'm a mum so the slightest sound and I'm awake and according to burty I look like chewbaccka's Ugley sister in the morning before I tame my hair so that should scare any burger away

4. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Funny, that was something western gunfighters used to do - the ones that lived, anyway. It was so they could size up men walking into a premises, and so no one could get a sneaky back shot in on them.

5. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Can't stand long car journeys as a passenger with someone I don't trust driving the car. I'll literally throw up.
    It's because when I was very young, my Dad used to bring us on long car journeys, he'd always explosively tell me I was sitting wrong, he wouldn't let us open the window even a crack when I was white or green. And then when I was finally on the verge of vomiting, he wouldn't stop the car, he'd make me walk along the side of a really busy road with my mother, him driving beside us slowly in the car, trying to hurry me along, me throwing up with all the other motorists staring out the windows at me.
    Since then, I've had friends that sensed I'm a nervous passenger and deliberately drove recklessly for sport. I mean, one guy could have killed people. He was very lucky he didn't. That's what the fear is, I think. Being trapped in the car with someone who either won't stop and let me out, or who knows I have a problem and makes a sick joke of it.
    Also, in-car deodorisers turn my stomach, the chemical smell. New car scent is the worst. :nahh:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  6. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Large, open water. Something about not being able to see what's under you, which is likely much, much better at swimming than I.

I also sit with a view, but don't like people watching me eat. Never works out both ways.

7. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Wow, evil bastard!! .... [I have a new found respect for the guy :tough:]

Haha, yeh, bad bastard that guy!

8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I have another fear - being completely left behind and feeling like a total moron with the developments of technology. Will I blink and one day feel as completely incompetent with computers/technology as most of my father's generation?! I try to keep somewhat on top of it, but am still a far cry from being techno-literate.

9. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Oh yeah, I got that one

Mebs likes this.
  10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Another fear and concern I have is my body getting older and not being able to keep up with training.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.