1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Health, Fitness and Diet Goals

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Mebs, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

This thread is in the list of goal-setting on the site. It is in order to detail what your health, fitness and diet goals are, the timelines you are setting out to achieve those particular goals, how you intend on achieving them and also a way for others to keep you accountable for what you are setting out to achieve.

Whether it is lose x amount of weight by Christmas, or be able to run 10 km in less than 40 minutes, improve your endurance during your football matches, or become more proficient in Aikido; you can detail your goals in this thread and give us regular updates to how you are progressing.

BurtMeister3000 and FossilHead like this.
  2. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Well I'd like to Lose as much weight as is required that BPEL, 6.75 is as long as my EL length. At least an inch and a half better than my last skinny dick pic, 20 yrs ago. Problem is I like beer so much.

3. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Am in the frame of mind at the moment where I'm keeping my larger goals mostly to myself and sharing a few with close friends. Regarding health and fitness, I wouldn't mind sharing and the support of a few people. I've already sorted my diet and met all my goals there. What I find with some of my health and fitness goals is that I try to maintain a flawless record, try to keep at them all the time. Then, when I miss out on a few days, and those days turn into weeks, I mentally turtle. So what I've been thinking about and trying to implement is a system where I'm always returning to my health and fitness goals, as opposed to keeping a flawless record. I know now for a fact that I'll miss days and even weeks and get disheartened, so a system where I'm always examining and returning to my health and fitness schedules suits me better. This time last year I was walking in the forest for an hour 3 times a week, doing Tai Chi for an hour, doing 20 pressups and some free weights, and meditation, every day. I was in bed and up at a fixed time. In the summer, I slipped and did very little for months. My Tai Chi form is off now, and I currently do it 2-3 times a week. I still walk 2-3 times per week, do some floor exercises 2-3 times per week, meditate once in a while, and have started cycling again over the last few months. Today I did 80 km on the bike, as opposed to my usual 24km - weather was lovely out there.

So I'm going to put it out there that I want to improve my fitness, and to quickly return to my routine when I slip.
    • I want to do 40 pressups per day, at least 5 times per week.
    • I want to do Tai Chi at least 5 times per week.
    • I want to meditate at least 5 times per week
    • I want to walk and cycle 4 times (2+2 or 3 +1) per week (weather depending)
    • I want to get up and go to sleep at a regular time
    So there it is, furry, benevolent internet gods. Do with it what you will.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    BurtMeister3000, FossilHead and Party like this.
  4. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Hmmm? How bout a fitness Log Here. Not just PE, kinda goes hand n hand yes?? No pun intended.

BurtMeister3000 and Corvid like this.
  5. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I also have a series of goals that I am working towards......and like Party I definitely like beer awfully well !

I will outline my weight loss and fitness goals and get them posted-up here shortly!

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  6. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I want to be able to get my level of fitness back to when I was a teenager. Even if I never get back to quite this level, I want back the same determination etc. I aim to get back into meditation and practising Aikido at some point, but time isn't always on my side.

Party, Master-gauge and FossilHead like this.
  7. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

Well since I'm on this road right now as well.. I will say what I've been doing for the last 5-6 months.. I do have somewhat serious for my age issues.. The worst one is the arthritis in the hip and neck (neck was an old injury).. I was 34 when I got my first cortisone shot in the hip.. At the time I weighed around 258-260.. Obviously was told to loose weight and was given the number of 150.. Blahahaha.. :laugh: I was a powerlifter and have "200 lbs of muscle on me" I told the Dr... So he said 180 then... It was like an auction, lol arguing numbers like that... So, I figure if I can get back to 205-07 that will be all she wrote.. I weighed that when I left HS.... 17 lbs more to go!!

I started in the Fall with the intermittent fasting.... I didn't drop weight very quickly and only lost maybe 10 lbs in 2 months and it stopped completely... Now I fully agree with that diet... Blood sugars leveled out and I felt great... And it is a handy one to know for when working... My set up was 8 hrs feed 16 hrs fast... I would eat between 10 am and 6 pm....

After my Hernia ops this winter I started a low Carb basically because I couldn't do anything... I lost 26 lbs total so far.. I lost 21 of that in 3 weeks... I couldn't stand it much longer the low carb thing steady, so what I do now is 4 days a week I eat low carb, then the rest of the week is bring some more carb into the daily diet.. 30-50 grams of carbs a day is on the low carb.... And no more then 125-150 on a "Regular" day.. I now weigh 222 lbs and I'm still falling... I will be keeping this up too...

For exercise I've just been using good old dumbells.. I'm getting a lot more out of this then doing just cardio.... I'm doing a very short but intense cross fit work outs from youtube.. So far it gets the heart pumping more and I'm starting to see-feel the results!!! I will likely go cross fit full time once I'm cleared and completely healed up....

Party, Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Fook, I always found the low carb diets really hard to stick to. I love carbs too much and they love me! :D

Intermittent fasting is great! I need to start back into it again. But with the way I work and trying to keep up my exercise regime I am not sure it is possible. But yeah, the best success I had at weight-loss was with the intermittent fasting. I did it in a very similar way to your set-up.

Cross-fit? There seems to be such a buzz over it in recent years. The workout I did today could be counted as that, it was super intense, I am absolutely annihilated after it. What do you hope to get out of the cross-fit - just toning up, losing weight, fitness?

BurtMeister3000 and Party like this.
  9. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Are you doing the 600 cal max - two days on, five days off fast mebs?

10. Party

Party Well-Known Member

I know if I actually get the balls to loose serious weight again it all be low Cal , all proteins, worked for me in the past, tough though, but quick. To bad I have a love affair with pizza About 500-600 Cals a day, milk, turkey breast and yogurt. Lots of weight work. Got down to 160, damn I looked good. I was around 34. Remember walking to our boat dock, tan, ripped, their was a restruant and bar in front, heard a waitress say, "That guys hot", the other waitress said, "Ya, but he knows it". I actually turned around to see who they were talking about.

Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.