1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Health, Fitness and Diet Goals

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, and Diet' started by Mebs, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

I know the low carb sucks!! Carbs love me too, lol.. When I'm doing the Low Carb phases, really when I think about it.. It's also low Cal to a point.. Basically my Low Carb days intake is this:

Breakfast: 1-2 Cups of Coffee, black (important) and the Whey Protein Shake..
    Lunch: Can of Tuna & Hot Sauce o_O, maybe some Cheese or something else low to no carb, some Bacon etc....
    After Lunch: Coffee, then water (I'm drinking water the whole time in between meals BTW, the odd Diet Pepsi a few times a week)..
    This is where I start to bring the daily Carbs in.. Maybe some Soda crackers and more water while I'm waiting for the chicken breast to bake in the oven...
    Dinner: 2 Chicken Breast sprayed regular PAM Cooking spray and Parsley Flakes, with Mozzarella Cheese slices (real cheese, not processed) and Hot Sauce on that.. Possible Coffee again too.. (Last one of the day)
    Snack Before Bed: Vanilla Yogurt, and All Bran Buds!!! Their deadly lil buggers!! Haha... :poop: :roflmao:
    The whole time I am doing this I'm drinking water..

Now The tip is from "good looking loser" about when the daily carb intake starts.. He stated that it's better to eat protein's for at least the first half of the day, and bring carbs in at the end.. The opposite of what u would think.. The reason: Eating protein's for the first part of the day will help keep blood sugars level.. I agree with this as this is what I'm doing and feel great.. The carbs make the blood sugars flux, so by leaving them last in the day u don't get the 11 am crash, and "oh crap I need to eat something".. Possibly screwing up your efforts..

Once I drop the weight to where I want it.. I will be doing the Intermittent Fasting method's I mentioned above to keep it in check... 10 am to 6 pm eat... Fast for 16 hrs, repeat.. It's really doable for me.. I will be eating normal as well as this will allow me to... I noticed my weight was very stable once I stopped loosing..

Now this amount of the food in the day is a bit hard core for some.. I initially had only done 21 days of it to start.. It was roughly a pound a day... Now I only do bouts of it for like 4-5 days and then eat normal a few days a week.. By normal I mean I bring back a potato with that chicken, some "baked" French fries, or 1 or 2 doses of Ketchup but that is limited even... Like this past weekend I might prepare for a binge type of thing... But Ice cream no longer agrees!!! haha

As far as the Cross fit thing, it has been tried now for the last 2-3 weeks twice a week, along with dumbbell (Shoulder, Bi's, Tri's) workout on the other 2 days for a total of 4 days a week.. I do this very simple and fast workout, I'm already seeing a major difference.. Especially chasing the nephew around the yard..
    It is gaining massive attention recently because it cover almost every discipline.. By next year I might gear in lots of 50 yard sprints into this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0EjTVQ-f4

Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Damn, that looks pretty brutal MG. Seems similar to the drop sets, except instead of dropping weight your dropping reps. Looks like it is more geared toward strength and power than mass.

3. Master-gauge

I would agree, There is no sane way to do 5x5 sets of it.. The sets half to drop lol... It's easily done if u don't use the intensity for it.. That intensity level has to be there to get the most out of it..

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  4. Master-gauge

Sorry meant reps.. This workout is just enough.. HOORRAHH!!

5. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I HATE burpees!!!!!!!

6. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Holy crap that is an intense workout above. Crazy that it was done in 5 minutes too. I think having the push jerks third on the list is a bit stupid and dangerous though, unless you dropped the weight or were already quite skilled at doing them. They are an exercise that can go wrong very easily, and are also quite injury-prone for the lower back if one is not performing them right. Personally, I would put them first when I had the most energy to perform them well. Asides from that, it is a really good idea for a workout.

7. BurtMeister3000

The routine looks similar to Olympic style training. The push jerks look like its mostly balance and technique.

8. Master-gauge

Correct, there are a lot of "Olympic" elements in this.. I can do burpee's very well but I sub jumping jacks and do more of them because of the surgery's I had, I'll burpee later on.. I did the whole thing yesterday morning before breakfast right out of bed basically.. I stagger this with a Shoulder, Bi, Tri day.. Twice a week for this, and twice for the arm work.. That is the best way to train.. Once u get more involved in the cross fit training u really get to see how is a combo of weights, cardio, and body weight work.. Covers the whole spectrum.. I'm hooked already.. I wish I knew about it sooner, same as PE..

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  9. BurtMeister3000

Yep, looks like a good way to get your whole body cooked in a relatively short time.

10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Burpees are great for fitness but I always feel like puking after em