1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignore women

Discussion in 'Dating, Friendships, and Relationships' started by Mebs, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

In case you don't know him, Sandman has some very interesting videos on MGTOW topics on YouTube. What are your thoughts on the below video? It is very interesting that a woman posts in a tip to the author saying that men should ignore women! Very interesting response from Sandman.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I agree with some of the things Sandman says, but in many of his videos he does make some assumptions and there are a few logical inconsistencies. Like the whole women only work for reward thing where men don't is BS, because this is something men do too. No one goes to work for free.

I do keep an eye on the MGTOW guys and whilst some of them are sexist, I can't say I blame them. They are doing what they feel is necessary to protect themselves. Some of them have had some very bad experiences, like working all their lives, only to have everything they have worked for taken in divorce, as well as their children. I hear in the states guys are actually being imprisoned for not being financially well off enough to keep up with their child maintenance costs and its this kind of thing that pisses me off!

Lifeapprentice, Mebs and FossilHead like this.
  3. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I tried to give it a listen, but about 20 seconds in I hadda shut 'er down.......something about that dude's voice just grated on me! :(

Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeah, his voice can be very dreary or annoying, I actually quite like it though. It is like an assault of information.

He does raise a few very interesting points that I have noticed throughout my life though, i.e. sometimes the more attention you give a woman the further it pushes them away, and likewise, often the less interested you are in a woman the more they are attracted to you! Of course, this doesn't apply to all women, but from women I have met or been around it is certainly true for a great deal of them. So many times I have seen girls bitch and moan about a guy not texting them back and really desiring to hear back from this guy that obviously couldn't care less, whereas the guy that is really interested in her gets shoved aside on the trash-heap of datable nice guys that just came across as over-eager. Of course women also do the same back to guys, and a lot of guys lap it up and the same effect happens to them. One guy I knew even said he loved how the latest girl he was seeing was messing him around so much by not replying and not coming across as too interested.

It is all a bit masochistic to me, I can't say I ever really liked being ignored or "treated mean to keep them keen" bullshit. But I definitely do see some points and validity in the ignoring or seem less interested than you are with women. I knew another guy that always got turned down by women that he really liked because he wore his heart on his sleeve with them, whereas women he didn't really care about were all over him like a rash! I wonder where all of this stems from, is it an innate characteristic in us of wanting to be desired, of wanting to be pursued by another? And when this is not fulfilled it irks us and makes us desire this attention even more? And those that do not provide a "chase" for us or a challenge are not worth our time because it is too easy?

In this regard, perhaps what Lemmy said is true - "the chase is better than the catch".

5. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to see if anyone would not agree chasing a woman makes her run away.
    I do not know if it is a question of selfish ego ( what you just wrote : need to seduce those who ain't interested to satisfy myself) , the interest in the chase, or if it's actually very unselfish, women want to chase someone they can give their affection to rather than be overwhelmed with his . I'm not sure many humans like to be cherished.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  6. BurtMeister3000

It sure seems that way.

7. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I do think that there are more men who are about 'the chase' than women, just due to biological makeup, but there are damn sure plenty of women who like to feck with a guy's mind.

The thrill of the chase was always more satisfying to me than the actual catch ever was, too, though!

A notably older guy told me something back in my late teens or early 20's that I have never forgotten....he said, "Treat a queen like a whore and treat a whore like a queen, and you'll never be left wanting." (And he was right!) ;)

Mebs likes this.
  8. BurtMeister3000

I think there are definitely more men that chase than women. Its not something that women have traditionally done, but with that said, I have had women ask me out.

Part of the reason I'm not against the whole PUA thing, is because traditionally it seems that a guy makes his intentions known and the women presents him with a series of hoops that he must jump through in order to win her approval. The PUA guys seem to dismiss that and say right I'm going to do whatever I feel like and you either like me or you don't, take it or leave it.

Now I'm no PUA, but there approach seems a lot more loose and natural and just plain fun. I made the mistake in the past of trying to be overly romantic and some of the looks I got from women were as though they wanted to throw up in their own mouth.

Corvid and Mebs like this.
  9. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

bwaahaha!
    Good one

10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I just visualised a young Burty with rose petals on the bed while reciting his poetry to woo a young damsel :D