1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Managing Stress

Discussion in 'Spiritual and Mental Well Being' started by Mebs, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Are there any particular things you do to deal with stress?

Deep breathing was always a very useful one for me. Another one is sleep. If I am really stressed out and anxious my body will basically shut down amd if I get an hour or two sleep I will feel a little better.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Ooo, yeah, a big fan of deep breathing myself. Sometimes just taking a moment to realize whatever is happening is just a moment, not the whole world, can really put it in perspective.

Also, music. The right music, I should say. A good happy song can change my mood pretty quick. :jam:

3. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Furious masturbation works great! Either that or a skinful of beer!

Just kidding, music works great, breathing meditation, or going and beating the crap out of my punch bags!

Or going to The Plan of Attack to chill out! ;) (See what I did there?)

Cali Girl 510, Kitsune and MrSpock like this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeh, I find that too Burty! Beating the shit out of pads/punch-bag in training really helps de-stress me. I believe there are two types of de-stressing: channelling and detouring. Channelling is done through things such as intense exercise or forcing the answer and annoyance out of you. Detouring is done through not allowing the stress to get in on you in the first place or concentrating on other things instead, i.e. yoga, meditation, CBT etc.

5. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yes, music is a great one! However, occasionally I am so stressed out I cannot listen to any music at all, all music just seems to annoy or aggravate me. I rarely get to this stage of stress and annoyance, but sometimes I can't listen to any music. However, I like a lot of downbeat music anyway haha, not so sure if I like much happy music :D

Kitsune and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  6. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

Rhodiola rosea, 250 mg caps, 3% rosavins 1% salidrosides.
    As with any herb different sources will produce different (or no) results.

Ashwagandha could work for some.

I agree on naps.
    I'd also say it depends on the kind of stress ( a major event, like being on stage for a speech, or a very demanding job weeks at a time etc..).
    If it's a major event, some like to stay alone and quiet themselves down, others prefer to interact as much as possible with friends prior the event, having fun with them etc..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Mebs, Kitsune, MrSpock and 1 other person like this.
  7. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I remember reading a book on meditation (I forget the title), that suggested the reason people wish to sleep during times of stress is because its one of the few times the mind knows peace. So attempting to cultivate a peaceful mind without negativity is a desirable trait to gain more energy and relaxed natural focus.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    MrSpock likes this.
  8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yes, definitely! I have noticed people react differently to stress. I need to usually be by myself in order to calm down or I will tend to snap at people trying to help me. At other times I badly need to talk to someone when I am extremely stressed. It all depends on the type of stress too. Haha, sometimes I need to be alone but I also need to talk to someone! Crazy brains :D

9. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yes, and another thing is if you go to sleep angry, upset, stressed etc you will have a negative sleep (most of the time) and will wake up on the wrong side of the bed. In that Franz Bardon book he describes how you should never go to bed angry or annoyed, that you should always try tackle your problems before bed in other to not impact your body in the time that it should be recovering and recuperating.

10. Daisy Demolition

Daisy Demolition New Member

Aroma therapy, music, spending time with my pup, karaoke, yoga, intense workout, walking, painting, meditation (focus on breathing), sensory deprivation tank, talk to my councilor, get a massage, get my chiro to adjust me, think about eating right and drinking lots of water because I stress myself into being super sick.

Mebs, Cali Girl 510, MrSpock and 2 others like this.