1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mebs Fitness

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Mebs, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yes, I shall be the first to create a fitness log as my lazy ass needs one!

I am aiming to keep on top of my fitness, particularly my running.

Monday night, tonight, I ran 6.5 km. I did not time it though, unfortunately, but I was happy with being able to do it at all! Onward and upward!

BurtMeister3000, FossilHead and Party like this.
  2. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Wish I could still run but I need both knees replaced so just walking is a bitch. I remember when I was 24 I went for a night run as usual since it was cool and I worked early in the morning. I got lost, ran for well over two hrs, strange but I wasn't even that winded

BurtMeister3000 and Mebs like this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Oh feck, sorry to hear that Party. That sounds tough. Is it the same with all other types of exercise too? Can you do upper body exercises? I hear cleaning naked burns calories :D

Party likes this.
  4. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Well my son still lives with us so can't clean naked that often. Yes I can still pump iron, 15 years ago, when I lost 30 lbs because I temporarily fell in love with someone else, I bulked up. Benched 275 lbs free weights. Now I'm not sure I could do a push up. Don't really care, if I lost weight it's about my fat bad. With my BPEL gains, there's a monster in there somewhere.

5. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Oh. Also forgot to mention I'd rather spent my time hanging than lifting, if I could do both at the same time, I would.

Mebs likes this.
  6. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

Mebs do you ever do high intensity exercises like sprints? They're said to be great for many different things (growth hormones, hormones) .
    Besides, one needs much less time to get exhausted.
    I'm a bit wary of damaging the heart though.

I should probably keep a log for fitness.
    Today I ate chocolate, can't wait for tomorrow (chocolate brownies' day :love: ).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    BurtMeister3000 and Party like this.
  7. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

There should be no reason for such concern unless there exists some family history of cardiac issues, or some personal diagnosis which would elicit this type of concern.
    The benefit of intense aerobic exercise such as sprints---- especially done as interval-training---- would be the actual strengthening of the cardiovascular system.....

BurtMeister3000 and Party like this.
  8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Party - yes, that would be ideal! Maybe hang and with your spare weights, do bicep curls while hanging haha :D

LifeApprentice - no, as Fossil stated, high intensity would not be bad for your heart unless you have some kind of genetic issues with it or a freak accident occurs. If anything high-intensity exercise really strengthens your heart by making it pump like a mo'fo!

I prefer steady-paced running. I hate high-intensity exercise unless I really have to or it is part of my Muay Thai training etc. I am just going to stick with running for the time being. I might join the gym again soon though.

9. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Tuesday's Workout:

10 km cycling - 40 minutes.

5.5 km run, which took 30 minutes exactly.

Tonight's run was a lot tougher than last night, I was feeling exhausted and weak after around 4 km and really had to push myself to do it all. I am going to try to keep 5.5 km as my running benchmark and try to improve on the time a little. It is perfect because it is 4 laps of my park (around 1.4 km a lap). I am accounting for my cycling everyday to and from work because it is still technically exercise and is keeping me fit-ish.

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Wednesday's Workout:

40 push-ups

10 km cycling

No running, was too bolloxed from the previous nights.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.