1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men on Strike

Discussion in 'Dating, Friendships, and Relationships' started by Mebs, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Thoughts?

Party, FossilHead, Corvid and 2 others like this.
  2. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

You know, depending on people's flavor of politics, Fox has a reputation for being a bit biased. But what I love about this clip, is it doesn't matter. She just backs it up with info, and keeps it on track.

For the most part, I agree with her. With males being constantly villainized these days, the caution created is bound to change some views on things. But I think it's just reflective of a much larger problem.

Mebs, Corvid and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I just ordered her book,so will write a review of it after I read it. I like the cut of her jib from the interview though. She owns the presenter's and their preconceived opinions. Wipes the floor with them :)

Kitsune and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I have seen this before and I pretty much agree with her.

Kitsune and Mebs like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

Here she is again. I follow some of the honey badgers videos on Youtube, mostly Karen Straughan, she's awesome!

Corvid and Kitsune like this.
  6. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Good to see some people talking sense. I was beginning to lose faith in many of these aspects of society. There is a shocking amount of hate speech and vilification of men in the West, and it's not just ok, it's actively encouraged and supported. Feminism in it's current form presents women as weak rather than strong, because it removes their accountability and responsibility for their own actions and presents them as the victims in any and all situations - men are responsible for everything bad, men have to pay for everything, men have some inherent privilege because of their gender. Feminists do not need to be logical, fair or rational in their arguments, or responsible for the negative things some women say and do. On the other hand, ALL men are responsible for any bad thing any man does. You can't engage with feminism fairly and rationally, they will literally just say words at you until they "win". Disagreeing with a feminist can cost you your job, even if you've never met the woman in person. Joking with one can land you in serious legal trouble. There is one thing I'd like to say to any feminist: If women were not permitted to vote, and only men could sit in government, who then granted and voted for women's rights to fair representation? I'd also like to add that common men didn't have the right to vote either for most of human history, but those two points are lost among the cries of: "Kill all men", and "All men are rapists". Disgusting.

Kitsune, BurtMeister3000 and Mebs like this.
  7. BurtMeister3000

That is no joke. In this video a guy gets threatened with prison and gets banned from using the internet. I think he may have lost his house paying legal bills. This case is particularly sickening, why the legal system entertains these bullies I will never know. How is any of this an equality movement when one sex can say/do whatever they want and the other be punished for doing the exact same thing?

Caution very very bad language! Do not watch if you are easily offended!!!

Kitsune, Mebs and Corvid like this.
  8. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Do you reckon he thinks she is a cunt?

9. BurtMeister3000

I think its a safe bet

10. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Thanks for posting that vid, Mebster!
    Enjoyed it, and certainly believe that she brings up many good points....even think that she is correct regarding a number of things.

However, I can't help but wonder just how 'deep' she has gone in her research to make the things she says truly viable? (How many men she has interviewed. the process by which questions were presented, and on an on, ad nauseam)

Anyway, I guess (maybe?) that I think that it is kinda cool having her out there representing and looking out for men. But I am just not sure that I really need or want her representing or looking out for me !)

I may have to get her book, lol

BurtMeister3000, Kitsune and Mebs like this.