1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Jobs From Home..

Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by Master-gauge, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Master-gauge

Master-gauge Well-Known Member

Very interesting Burty, it looks like this is possibly the way the next 10-15 years may play out in the job market.. It would be very convenient for me as there is not that much in the way of traditional work in the area right now, it has been in a slump for the last 6-7 years.. Likely pays better then the local offices too, their pay rate is almost minimum and they treat people like dirt..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    BurtMeister3000, MrSpock and Party like this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Speaking of dirt, I was just watching some vids of people metal detecting for gold nuggets. Going to buy me one of those when I have sufficient funds. My mate bought an ounce of gold about a year ago and paid about paid about 1500 GBP. Might be a good hobby, especially if it pays.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOkoX81Uz4

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Master-gauge and MrSpock like this.
  3. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

I think that is a good hobby.

BurtMeister3000 and Master-gauge like this.
  4. Master-gauge

Awh :eek: now u guys are just given away my secrets, :ninja2: lol.. I do seriously go looking for it from time to time as there is a few good deposits around the area and a lot of granite brooks.. Last winter's surgery way laid me from looking this spring..

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

Have you had any success?

I know of gold mines in Wales, there was one on the news that had been closed that they are thinking of reopening. I think the surrounding areas of mountains would be good places to look for nuggets in my opinion.

Ever had a go in a stream with a pan?

6. BurtMeister3000

Alternately if you don't fancy digging in the dirt, you can always reclaim it from computers and electronic components as most of the connections are gold tipped.

MrSpock likes this.
  7. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Very interesting.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  8. BurtMeister3000

I'm not a fan of all the chemicals they use, I think if you could separate them and just smelt the gold down to remove impurities that way without using excessive chemicals.

9. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

I recall watching a documentary once on the resulting amount of pollution from such practice in China.

Master-gauge and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  10. Master-gauge

I've got a waterproof metal detector here Burty.. saves time in the brooks and so does knowing where to look.. I don't bother digging around here because of the Enviro regs.. Need a permit to :poop: or anything close to that in the woods.. I haven't panned in years but that is the none professional prospecting way it's done here.. We have a lot of granite rock (gold carrying rock) close to the surface and in a lot of the streams, so it's great for panning.. I found a few flecks when I was a kid in a brook close to home so it's around, back then thou is was a little less then $400 an Ounce.. I would like to venture further into the bush this next trip, I have a very good idea where to look there too.. There are couple of major veins around my area that have been mined in the past.. And there is a $220 million dollar new mine under construction soon.. I might actually get there wiring..

Hint if there are any large boulder type granite rocks in the brook.. Look directly under that at the small gravel bars that are made.. The thing about the brooks is u might find it in one spot, but the real gold is up the stream further..

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.