1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Pick Up Artists

Discussion in 'Dating, Friendships, and Relationships' started by BurtMeister3000, Dec 30, 2015.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I thought I'd cover this topic after seeing another male site slating and laying into them as being callous, self serving and almost bordering on the sociopathic. I could not get my head around this, the fact that guys were actually talking other guys out of wanting to get better at talking to and interacting with women.

From everything I had seen PUA guys seem to be out to improve themselves much like our goals here, with the exception of a few who take this stuff too far, get excessively egotistical and develope some kind of God complex. I believe pursuing and ultimately getting better at attracting the opposite sex is an instinctive natural part of being human.

For those who believe that sociopathy can be caught by practising having certain attitudes and beliefs when engaging with women is a little idiotic, its a little like saying you can catch the crazy from crazy people (probably not PC?). If that were the case all the people who work around those people would eventually end up in there with them.

Some of their techniques, one of which I can think of which would seem not so nice for women is the "negging" one. According to others this is meant to bring a woman's self esteem down so much that she caves in and sleeps with whoever is bringing her down. Now this to me seems like BS, maybe with some women they suddenly lose their self esteem, but most women who I have argued with, if you call them any names they give as good as they get if not better and very very rarely will they let you get away with it.

This "negging" technique then to me would seem like a way for guys to get their head straight. So many guys have a habit of "pedestalizing women, that they become this unattainable princess that is way better than they are and that can't be approached let alone asked out. So maybe "negging" is a way to mentally kick them off this pedestal in the guys mind? No need to make someone feel bad about themselves, but I think its important to view people as human people, warts and all and maintain perspective.

I have never tried any of these PUA techniques myself and I'm probably a little old now anyway. I have always relied on being a handsome ginger fella and being cheeky to woo the women of my past. Cheekiness and taking the mickey I have always found to be most useful, it lets you know if they are interested and more importantly if they have a sense of humour.

So all in all I think like anything, PUA has some negatives, but like anything I would say absorb the parts that are useful and reject what is not. If you are a good person at heart I don't believe studying anything external is going to make you bad if you are true to yourself.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Cali Girl 510

Cali Girl 510 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="BurtMeister3000,/QUOTE]
    Well said Burty! And really when you think about it, it's easier to be nice and real then to be fake. Girls would much rather be respected and feel good about themselves. You make your partner feel good and you will get the reward as well. Relationships should be about building each other up, not tearing each other down.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes Active Member

I think getting out there is important and being yourself is more important than the PUA stuff.

If a person is not interesting to women then change that find yourself a hobby , join a gym and focuse on improving yourself.

Basicly when you feel good about yourself that you have achieved things yourself and improved on other things talking to women or girls will be easier.

For me finding something meaningful is much more important than what seems to be the goal of PUA is to sleep with as many women as you can.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

There are also many different levels and types of PUA, ranging from simple self-help,improvement,how to be confident,and talk to girls, to the other extreme of just seeing people as conquests,competition,or entities to use. I have not read a great deal of PUA,but it does give some men help and assistance that I am all for.

5. PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes Active Member

Mostly probably in a sense of getting out to meet people. Then after reading some ''techniques'' trying them out but eventually probably learning to be yourself instead of manipulating other or acting based on what you read on a thread,

Mebs likes this.
  6. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeh exactly,one of the problems is that some guys are really introvert,shy and quiet that they need so help and guidance on how to approach women. Hopefully the site might help with some of this stuff :)

7. PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes Active Member

Yeah I can admit that I have some of that myself.

8. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

From my experience I would rather be talking to the real person then to find out its all. B s and the guy is a total penis weeks or months down the line

9. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

Some "handsome ginger fella" has changed my avatar. Cheeky bugger

10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

It is all body signals? :D