1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Pick Up Artists

Discussion in 'Dating, Friendships, and Relationships' started by BurtMeister3000, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

Um...no b.s is me being polite and lazy in not typing bullshit

2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Sorry Bobbon :D

I'm blaming Foxy!

3. Bobbon21

Bobbon21 Member

Right so I have two ginger members to choose from... Hmm could I have both? One to do the cooking and one to do the cleaning

Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

Arg no I thought the thread would teach me how to pick up some hoes :(.

I do not know about PUA enough, but I guess some of the basic concepts, like getting out of your comfort zone, talking to / approaching women, battling shyness thanks to practice are positive stuff .
    In general I do not really see the need for PUA, the main problem is how people see themselves (which is often correlated to what they DO and general health), what their social life is, how they put women on a pedestal (as a result of the previous two), and the syndrome of being too nice (which , imo, is a result of the previous three as well as part of the individual).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Mebs and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I think the whole point of it is taking action, people can have an internal debate about doing something and often talk themselves out of it, instead of just taking the plunge so to speak. Better to try and fail than to never have tried.

PurpleOnes and Lifeapprentice like this.
  6. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Also, not being a complete muppet for women. Some guys are complete doormats, pussywhipped idiots. Can't speak or do anything without permission. PUA gives some guys their balls back.

7. Cali Girl 510

Cali Girl 510 Well-Known Member

Quick and simple: pua = confidence.
    Now, if you are into it , you don't have to be a dick because of it. There is no reason to manipulate a person or people to get want you want.
    What happened to people helping each other to be better as a human race???????
    Oh yea....there's assholes out there.:hmpff:

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  8. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

I've read some PUA books and practiced the techniques (shock horror!). Mostly it is shy, "nice" guys who either get nowhere with women or get walked on in relationships. Two of the authors I read were like that, and most of what they wrote about was being less shy, less needy and getting out there a lot more. There's an emphasis on breaking away from behaviours that women find unattractive and uninteresting. There's nothing much wrong with the bulk of it, in fact most guys should read at least one book, regardless of what age they are. In the introduction of one popular guide book, the author talks about how women have lots of magazines, personality tests, and even circles of friends exchanging info on how to be more attractive, how to get a better man, how to hack the mind of your husband/bf - but generally, men have nothing of the sort, except maybe for one friend who's naturally good at pulling and doesn't seem capable of effectively communicating his techniques. Some PUAs are a bit tasteless, and some feminist groups latch on to that, and some women don't like the idea of their code being hacked. In short, they have the upper hand in seduction and relationship psychology, and don't like to lose it. Of course, some women don't like to feel like they're being misled, but then many, many women are drawn to consistently misleading men - cheaters, liars, bullies, assholes etc. We all know this, though it's often denied by the female community at large. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask, keeping in mind that i gave it up a few years ago in favour of a quieter, easier lifestyle.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  9. Lifeapprentice

Lifeapprentice Well-Known Member

What books would you recommend?

10. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

The Game by Neil Strauss is a great starting point and it's cheap as chips on Ebay. The author is a journalist who hadn't had much luck with women. He decided to investigate the PUA world, interview some of the original guys and go on the pull with them. He really went the whole hog, and ended up with a nice girlfriend by the end, a rock guitarist, think she played with Courtney Love.. He covers different techniques and thinkings, and identifies some of the key figures in the community. Another great book is: How to win friends and influence people, by Dale Carnegie. It's an absolute timeless classic on how to develop interpersonal skills, and it's content applies to everyone from improvers to beginners, in any walk of life. Neil recommends it in his book anyway, but i'd say it's as well to get both and save on postage.