1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

Spiritual and Mental Goals

Discussion in 'Spiritual and Mental Well Being' started by Mebs, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

This thread is in the list of goal-setting on the site. It is in order to detail what your spiritual and mental goals are, the timelines you are setting out to achieve those particular goals, how you intend on achieving them and also a way for others to keep you accountable for what you are setting out to achieve.

Whether it is shed the baggage of a recent break-up, or be able to deal with your stress and anxiety in work better, improve your meditation skills, become more enlightened, gravitate off the ground, or talk with distant aliens in parallel universes; you can detail your goals in this thread and give us regular updates to how you are progressing.

2. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Okay, just to get this thread started off... I think our spiritual and mental development is very important, it is one of the most important if not the most important aspect of ourselves. If I am healthy and fit but emotionally I am a car-wreck, then my fitness is insignificant to me. I think that our mental and spiritual development is an ongoing thing and is very difficult to actually achieve set goals within particular time-frames so I am aware that I need to be realistic in what I do. Over the past year I have had a lot of stuff that has really tested me and knocked me back in my personal life. A lot of things I simply wasn't able to cope or deal with and it really got in on me. I felt trapped in a good deal of situations but managed to overcome a lot of these issues with jotting down how I could overcome them and by talking with friends and family.

Right now I am in an okay enough place mentally. I am aware that this position may be fleeting though and I want to be able to strengthen my capacity for it really bad shit happens me again down the line. A lot of the stuff that gets us down is closely relation to other aspects that we need to maintain, i.e. good relationships with our friends and family, steady work/income/livelihood, an adequate social life and so forth. Therefore, it is not always easy to just work on the mental and spiritual side if there are so many things affecting up around us. So we need to be cautious of this.

Anyway, a few things I want to work on myself and for which I am aware that I may be at fault with are:

- Try not to let things bother me as much. Very often I will take things to heart and offence to things that were said in the heat of the moment or an argument and I find it hard to let those things go because they have really hurt me. I need to just accept other's opinions on me or things I have done and either reflect on them (if it is constructive criticism) or let them wash over me (if it said just to hurt and offend).

- I really want to develop upon my meditation and breathing practices. This helps me become at ease and more relaxed in my everyday activities and allows me to live life more stress-free. I often get chest constrictions from stress and I find meditation or deep breathing quite helpful.

- I need to try to live more in the now (cheesy I know) and less wishing, thinking and forward projecting. Throughout my life I have had a tendency to constantly be thinking around the corner, always wondering what about tomorrow, next week, next month, next decade. I need to focus more on the present, my time there, my happiness, contentment and ability to really live and embrace life rather than living it away in postulation about what may or may not ever be.

These are just a few things. I will add to this post over the coming days and weeks. I know I am far from perfect and am a work in progress. I think we all have things we need to work on, it is always a bitter pill to swallow though, admitting our weaknesses...

FossilHead likes this.