1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
The Plan of Attack

Feel free to join in the chat now!

Click the reply button at the bottom of discussions to comment!

The Dantian

Discussion in 'Spiritual and Mental Well Being' started by BurtMeister3000, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

[​IMG]
    "cultivating the embryo: Daoists often refer to cultivation of the Dantian as a method of creating a divine embryo in the body. Some people believe that when this embryo is mature, it can leave the body and travel the universe. This picture is taken from Wang Changyong’s book “secret of the golden flower,” a book on the cultivation techniques of the Northern school of the Complete Reality school of Daoism."

I have posted about this before in the "in the zone" thread by the different name - The Hara. It goes by several names (dantian, hara, tanden, one point, center of gravity, center etc) in several different countries and cultures, but it is the same location/area in all I believe. Anyway came across this article about dantian meditation that was very good...

http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/dantian-daoist-meditation/

MrSpock likes this.
  2. MrSpock

MrSpock Active Member

Meditation in general is nice. I like the embryo idea, the thought of it traveling the universe in itself is enticing.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. BurtMeister3000

Yep, the idea is to pay attention to the lower abdomen constantly as if it were an embryo. There is no forcing it, just gently giving it air via the breath and care via the attention and eventually it will grow into a spiritually balanced man.

MrSpock likes this.
  4. Interesting practice.
    Would it be possible to interact with the resulting spiritual being? Or once it departs its done?

BurtMeister3000 and MrSpock like this.
  5. BurtMeister3000

I think its metaphorical, it is the you inside that grows beyond your physical body I feel, not some external entity.

MrSpock likes this.