1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working for peanuts

Discussion in 'Skills, Business and Finance' started by Mebs, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I have had to work for fuck all most of my life,I was just offered work at barely above our minimum wage over here for a fairly skilled job.

The worst paid jobs were usually tge most high skilled ones,with factory work and general retail work paying way better.

Any experiences with getting paid shit money for your labour? So frustrated...

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

In the very rural, depressed area where I live, all the wages are pretty much shit......and definitely so when compared to what folks get paid for the same job in more urban areas.
    I recall working for folks, as a kid, and thinking a couple bucks an hour wasn't bad, lol.
    (In fact, my first official "paying" job was at minimum wage: $3.35)

Factory work pay around here really sux, unless one is in a specialized or technical field such as equipment maintenance, programming, electrical/electronics work, etc.

BurtMeister3000 and Mebs like this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeah big time. The minimum wage here sucks too. You can get fuck all with your income here because the cost of everything is so expensive.

It is frustrating when you work it out how much you are getting an hour for your work,time out of your life for feck all. I don't mind working but fed up on shit pay!

4. Party

Party Well-Known Member

Go to Michigan, start a crop of pot in your basement and make $40 grand every two months. I'm not but others are, I prefer working everyday.

5. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Michigan you say? :cautious:

BurtMeister3000 and Party like this.
  6. Party

Party Well-Known Member

You'll need a green card I think LOL

7. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Yep, used to work all over the shop for peanuts! It steadily got better, and the less hard I worked it seemed to increase. Until I decided to do what I do now, I have to put in some long hours and there is a good deal of responsibility and I have t be on the ball, but it can pay if all goes well, but not always.

Mebs and FossilHead like this.
  8. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Okay, every time I see the title of this thread, I hear Bob Seger saying, "Not a dime to spare!" :mad:

BurtMeister3000 and Mebs like this.