1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'It's All Fun and Games' started by Mebs, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Because TWD is back tonight it has got me thinking about one of my favourite topics - zombie apocalypses haha.

So what would you do in the event of one? What weapons would you choose? What faults do you always see people making in shows/movies?

One thing that bugs me is trying to save victims when it is obvious they are going to turn and kill you and your family! Balls up and kill them before they zombify!

2. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I would want an AR-15 with plenty of extra clips and limitless access to more ammo.
    For closer-in work, a Beretta 9mm or .40 cal, ditto the clips and ammo.
    For the last ditch (or the "I'm going to have a bit of fun with this dead hoser") moment, a nice one-handed cutting sword (maybe a scimitar) strapped across my back.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Ooouu cutting sword sounds good! I do like the samurai sword used in TWD. The beretta is a nice gun,shot it in Cambodia (not at anyone,honest!).

Yeh you would need a shitload of ammo,so that is why some other weapons not reliant on ammo is necessary. A nice machete would be a nice close distance weapon.. an ax would be great but difficult to manoevre close distance.

Travel-wise,where would you go/do? Stay put,find shelter,rely of the law etc?

4. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I would head for my local shopping mall, there is a little industrial estate right next to it that sells guns, but I would love a Samurai sword and maybe a skateboard to sail around the mall whilst slicing some zombies. Food, power, refrigeration, heating, clothing, washing facilities at shopping malls. You could just lock it down and hold em off, for ages. Was it night of the living dead or dawn of the dead or something where they did this? I forget, it was the blueprint for zombie survival!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Cali Girl 510 and FossilHead like this.
  5. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Ha, great topic. One thing I'd do is try to link up with good people that I know - the consistent killer in the zombie apoc is either being with shit people or trying to go it alone.
    Fuck the cities. Stay as far away as possible. The lowest population density place would be best. I reckon the west beside ocean or a lake with an easily accessible boat if your position is over run. A body of water doubles as a food source on the longer term. Plus, if any of the english nuclear reactors melted down in the chaos, the east and part of the midlands would be fubar. You want baricades and a trench around your position too, so I'd jack a JCB or similar piece of equipment. Pretty easy to get.
    You want weapons and food, but don't want to be caught in the chaos? My first weapon would be an aluminium baseball bat. A machete or sword seems good but I could see that getting wedged in a zombie in a multiple attack scenario, leaving you weaponless. Good old bat to the head! Next, you want food and water. Get your JCB and hit a smaller, rural centra type place. Low risk. Clean out the stock room. Fuel might be harder during the chaotic phase, so I'd hit a fuel yard or a trucking yard for some diesel and butane gas cylinders, or leave it until a bit later. With food and water sorted, fuel in great quantity isn't as immediately important. Vehicle wise, at this stage, a good diesel van would be ideal, or a 4wd pickup as second choice.
    Once the initial chaos is over, you want guns, then a stockpile of fuel. Get your JCB and ram raid a rural gun shop or a medium garda station. Pump action shotguns would be the best you could get here. Semi automatic mid calibre hunting rifles as second priority. Pistols are illegal, they might be in a garda station but would be harder to find.
    Once that's sorted, a long term food supply is next. I'd look for cash and carries, and regional distribution hubs for supermarkets - other people wouldn't think of those first, so lower risk and greater chance of still being stocked. You want a truck for that part. Generators would be easy to get and are not that important for survival as some might think. Long term vehicle - older design diesel, they can run on any fuel and are hard to kill.
    Anybody, and i mean anybody who is brainless, argumentative, and useless in that combination gets a walk behind the wood pile. Might seem harsh, but just one person like that makes day to day life much harder and may even get piles of people killed. How many times does that exact scenario play out in the films, ha.

Mebs, FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  6. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Good thinking! It kinda does depend on the source of the outbreak, if its viral your pretty safe in the coutryside, but if the source is from in-breading, countryside and remote areas might be even more hazardous! Hills Have Eyes/Wrong Turn/Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Corvid likes this.
  7. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Are you saying we can't marry our beautiful cousins? Well i hope somebody brings a pack of cards and some board games in that case.. :Blink:

8. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Man, that rocks!
    I may have to steal that and use it as my signature, lol

Mebs, Corvid and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  9. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

I was thinking exactly like Burt, with the recollection of the movie Dawn of the Dead (the original from the late 70's, not the remake).
    It WAS like a blueprint for zombie survival!!

Then I see all the thought that Corvid put into it, and I'm blown away, and having to rethink things!

I would think that the rural, non-surburbia route would be the way to go for staying/living at. In thinking about simply heading for the deepest, darkest, most out-of-the way spot to stay at, I don't think it would actually be feasible......what happens if you forgot to bring your fecking cigarettes, and have to drive hundreds of miles back to go get 'em? Seriously, if you need to resupply, you have to consider the difficulties and dangers in driving long distance to accomplish this.
    Outside the 'burbs of a fairly large city might offer the best of both worlds, so to speak

Mebs, Corvid and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  10. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Yeah, it depends what country you're in. In Ireland where Mebs and I are, it's only 180 miles from East to West, and at least half of that would be in a nuclear fallout zone. The West has a very low population density, and isn't too far from anywhere by road. There's a million and a half people in Dublin on the East coast, and given that cities depend on civilisation being functional for food, water and safety, it would only be a matter of days before they began tearing each other apart. Then, they'd move beyond the city and start raiding elsewhere. There's some people I would definitely like to avoid. It would be like the biblical old testament. You'd have hundreds of thousands of infected/zombies and fuckin Northsiders swarming out. (Although, I don't think zombies were mentioned in the bible until the new testament)
    A larger place like America would be similar, but different in that it's much bigger, so going too far out there might be a mistake, at least at first. Any city near a nuclear plant would be a no-go.
    The second, original Night of the Living Dead is one of my favourites too. Unfortunately for them, the location and the obvious hoard of suppplies they were sitting on drew raiders in. I'd be like the Native Americans, never make camp next to the watering hole, it draws EVERYTHING in.

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.