1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'It's All Fun and Games' started by Mebs, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeh, a lot of people I have spoken to about this said a shopping mall/store too, but I think that would be madness! You would survive for a designated period, but definitely not long-term whatsoever. There are no reinforcements or protective structure at all. Zombies and other raiders would break through your barricade very quickly.

I have to say, I would be getting the bloody hell out of any type of urban area altogether as quickly as possible. If there is a big outbreak of any description, it will be bedlam. You would be pickings for zombies or trampled on by rampages and stampedes for food or to get out of the city too. That is another thing that concerned me on first thought about this, would it not be gridlock trying to get out of a city if you happened to be one at the time. What do you do, wait it out, become part of the mob trying to get out of the city/move, or another option? The way I see it is if you are even in a minor city, the traffic is going to be fucking insane trying to leave, opening you up for attack by zombies.

In Ireland, nobody has general access to a mass of weapons typically. There are all sorts of restrictions on weapons here and are mostly only owned by hunters/rural folk for the most part. So another question becomes: do you go for your weapon supply first or try to get out of dodge straight away? Corvid: you mentioned getting out of dodge, getting a JCB etc. Good thinking, but what would be your first point-of-call before that stage? Weapons, food, people or get the hell out of the city?

Good point on getting together a good group of people. Too many movies and shows the people that go first or problems that are encountered are usually people going it solo or get together with a stupid bunch. How to determine who to team up with though? Just friends? Close contacts? Anyone in your building/neighbourhood in general? Any remits for who can or can't join your group? Leave the city by yourself first and then find a group or find a group and then leave the city? Wait around for people or get yourself out first?

HA, a walk behind the woodshed :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  2. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

I think weapons would have to be the first post of call for me. If you can't protect yourself because someone has a big stick, then your screwed! Moral of the story, get the biggest stick first and then you can argue with anyone over food and shelter!

FossilHead likes this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

So burty wants a big stick... Man I think you posted in the wrong forum :D

FossilHead and BurtMeister3000 like this.
  4. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

bwaaahahaha

5. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Efforts are already underway to create that kind of bigger stick, but that's not for the zombies, I only club the Mrs with that one. :p

FossilHead likes this.
  6. seikatsu

seikatsu Active Member

I think the best place is to go in the tropics. Or at least live in one before all hell breaks lose-- then stay in your island, have all the coconuts and fish or veggies. They dont climb trees too so if a few manage to come up cause they died and started to turn -- its be easy to spot them from like a tree hideout. Hahahaha this is my ideal place to hide if a zombie apocalypse happpens..problem is im in a major metropolis in the us. Plus i have a baby girl... So even if i have to claw my way out or be like rick and bite/fight my way out-i would hahaha

7. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Awesome seikatsu ! The tropics would be brilliant. Catch a few rays while everyone else is catching the zombie virus... Eat lobster while everyone else is eating one another.. :)

8. FossilHead

FossilHead Staff Member

Heck yeah!
    I like this plan!!

9. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

Hmm, I'll have to think about this one.
    A good group for sure, well rounded.
    Good mix of guns and hand weapons. Silent, and big firepower.

One thing for sure. Don't let the kids play with the guns. Someone could lose an eye. :yarr:

Too soon?

10. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Or let all of the kids play with guns! Cheap form of birth control...