1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'It's All Fun and Games' started by Mebs, Feb 14, 2016.

1. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Or throw the kids to the zombies whilst you make your getaway?

2. Cali Girl 510

Cali Girl 510 Well-Known Member

I already know I wouldn't make it so I would just end it.
    I wouldn't want to hold back people that could survive.
    Know your strengths and weaknesses. Lol

Mebs likes this.
  3. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Rather bleak option right there haha. But those people who can't make it usually make for hilarious deaths! [...in zombie movies/shows that is :D]

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  4. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

A friend said the same thing - he'd kill himself if civilisation ended, and i was like WHY!?! We'd get to build everything anew, there'd be so much to do.

BurtMeister3000 likes this.
  5. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

Yeah? That is mad altogether! Would you not have the craic milling around the place looting, killing and doing what the fook you like? There would be a huge sense of freedom in it, not having to worry about societal structures and norms, living in a state of nature, a place of chaos and dysfunction. Sort of similar to what society is actually like, but actually honest about it!

I think the panic and fear at the beginning of the initial outbreak would be horrendous all right, but once it happened you would learn and develop in order to adapt to it. I haven't really seen any "realistic" movies or shows about what would happen, i.e. the gritty and bleakness of it all, as they still get portrayed with a certain romanticism of it, so perhaps there is also a certain degree of that within a lot of people's thinking (including my own). That if something like that were actually to occur it would be far too bleak and awful to worth living for.

Would most people or even many people at all be able to survive and adapt to the situation or would they just perish? I think the Fear of the Walking Dead gives some interesting glimpses into what the initial outbreak would look like. How the military would try to control everything but make such a balls of it at the same time. Survivalists and a lot of rural Americans would probably cope quite easily in the zombie apocalypse. People in large cities would generally be zombie fodder quite quickly.

Kitsune, FossilHead and Corvid like this.
  6. Corvid

Corvid Active Member

Modern industrial civilisation has suspended most Darwinian facets to human life - natural selection would restart on a steep curve. Yes, some people would freeze up, there have been instances where masses of people froze on sinking ships, unable to move and just drowned. There's also people who would fail to adapt to the new paradigm and would be easily tricked or killed by more aggressive humans. I reckon there'd be servile types like in the new cult in TWD - they wouldn't be able to bear the pressure of making their own decisions and living without state protection, so they'd follow the nearest mad dog rounding up slaves. Bet you anything there'd be loads of them, even though some people might not think so.
    I believe what Dostoevsky said, that given time a man can get used to anything, so many would survive and eventually thrive. Steep Darwinian curve though - no meds, lower quality food, diseases like typhus, homicidal humans and zombies..

7. Kitsune

Kitsune Staff Member

You don't have to be faster than the zombies, just faster than at least one person. :D Or, good with a hatchet.

I think the world they depict is definitely possible. Government trying to contain with quarantine. Mass outbreak, chaos, martial law, and survival of the fittest mentality. Like a giant Lord of the Flies situation.
    But I think seeing mother nature reclaiming land, and the reset of the humans could have some amazing end results down the line. After the walkers, and people settled. If they settled. It could be a renaissance era, or another dark ages.

8. Tow1994

Tow1994 Well-Known Member

Well, I would stay at my house. Because not even fucking ambulances or delivery services can find it. And it is just because it basically not appears in any map except for OpenStreetMaps

9. Mebs

Mebs Active Member

I hear they are coming out with a new app - zombie Google maps

10. BurtMeister3000

BurtMeister3000 Staff Member

Man, I would love it! I think I would feel like I'm just starting to live if a zombie apocalypse were to destroy our way of life.

I would start planting crops and securing the area, but first a sensible amount of weapons would be needed and a place you could lock down and keep out of the way when you needed rest/food. I'd rig up some solar stills too, to purify my water and I would go steal some solar panels and an inverter to generate some electricity.

I already have this all planned out.

Cali Girl 510, Mebs and Corvid like this.